Here are just a few of our favorite memories of the year...
- Riding a school bus to see the MAK exhibition How Many Billboards?
- Gawking at the stunning Fat Fringe installation at The Fix
- Taking a bike tour to Chinatown galleries and studios
- Opening a de LaB pop-up store during the Downtown Art Walk
- Raising an incredible $5000 at City Listening II, an evening of stories about LA read by the city's brightest design voices
- Walking, biking and riding to the alt-transit event Moving Beyond Cars
- Eating tacos and making vertical gardens at Homegirl Cafe
- Sitting in our Sunset Boulevard park outside Local for Park[ing] Day LA
- Serving as the supporting sponsors for the first-ever Design Week LA
- Chatting about doing design work that matters at the California Design Biennial
- Drinking in the impeccable branding at Intelligentsia Pasadena
- Hearing from the amazing Michael Maltzan at Inner-City Arts (and yes, we promise to hold this extremely popular event again in 2011)
- Filing for nonprofit status (pending!) to bring you bigger and better events
Now let's get excited for 2011! We've got some brand-new buildings eager to show us inside, lots of new neighborhoods to visit, a very special walking tour, and the first official de LaB Field Trip... hint: we're heading very east of La Brea!
Again, we can't thank you enough for being a part of de LaB. Happy 2011 to you and yours, and here's to another year of urban adventures!
Haily, Marissa & Alissa