Only one week left until our first-ever fundraiser, City Listening II!
We hope you'll join us for an evening of free expression and generous libation in celebration of LA's design culture at large.
Featuring stories about LA read by the city's leading writers on design and urbanism:
- KCRW's Frances Anderton on "Living with Gehry"
- A live "Ask Chris" session with Chris Nichols from Los Angeles Magazine
- John Chase with "No fun-size Twix bars EVER!"
- LA Creek Freak Joe Linton on the bridges we cross
- Ken Bernstein on hidden gems uncovered by Survey LA
- A parade of disturbing interiors from Marissa Gluck
- Nick Adams with a slightly angry, slightly tongue-in-cheek takedown of the LA subway "system"
- Architectural short fiction by Tom Marble
- Tibby Rothman's Not-for-Print Art World Story
- Poetic stylings of gelato urbanist Alissa Walker
- LA fiction by Curbed LA editor Adrian Glick Kudler
- Brooke Hodge reminisces about LA's first impressions
- Los Angeles Times architecture critic Christopher Hawthorne on LA's downtown
- Sam Lubell, California editor of The Architect's Newspaper, reads from the book of Genesis
- Rico Gagliano of The Dinner Party Download
- And letters to LA written by students from 826LA
- Hosted by de LaB's Haily Zaki, Alissa Walker and Marissa Gluck
Marvel at interactive design installations by Crimson Collective, Barchitecture by Jason King of Somewhere Something sponsored by Woodbury University, seed bomb vending by Commonstudio/Project H, music by Xeriscape Records, pop-up espresso by Yeekai Lim and comfy modern seating by Modernica
Support the silent auction featuring de LaB community members:
- Crimson Collective
- Knock Knock
- Ball-Nogues Studio
- Vegetable garden consultation by Heartbeet Gardening
- A private tour of KCRW's studios with Frances Anderton
- Damon Loble
- Cartoules Letterpress
- TOMS Shoes customized by Bendow
- Design consultation by Rachel Allen Architecture
- A walking tour of West Hollywood's urban design with John Chase
- Fifth Floor Gallery
- See Line Gallery and Eamon O'Kane
- Didier Hess & M&A
$25 Tickets includes drinks, food and admission to the show
$50 de LaB Groupie Tickets includes drinks, food, admission to the show and a guerrilla gardening kit from Green Aid, PLUS de LaB Groupie After Party at the Crocker Club sponsored by Los Angeles Magazine's LA Circles Club, AND special door prizes from the LA Conservancy, Hammer Museum, KCRW, AIA Home Tours, MAK Center, Hollyhock House, Balcony Press, Gamble House and Friends of the LA River
Anyone who arrives by walking, riding their bike or taking public transportation receives a very special walking-themed door prize!
It all happens next weekend!
Saturday June 26, 2010
Spring Arts Tower
453 S. Spring, Downtown LA
Buy your tickets today—only a limited amount will be available at the door! See you at City Listening II!
Special thanks to BustBright for our beautiful website, demonicaphoto for event photography, and our media partners Dwell on Design and Architizer
Also! We're still looking for a few more volunteers, so drop us a line if you can help!